|Date:||August 06, 2012||Time:||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Speaker(s):||Mr Baqer Salman
Al-Najjar Professor of Sociology
University of Bahrain
|Venue:||Middle East Institute (Seminar Room)
Tower Block Level 2, Bukit Timah Campus
National University of Singapore
469A Bukit Timah Road, Singapore
|CLICK HERE TO REGISTER|
In conjunction with his short trip to Singapore next week, we are honoured that Prof Baqer Al-Najjar has agreed to grace us with a Breaking News Session at MEI’s Seminar Room. We cordially invite all of you to share his first-hand latest insights and opinion about the crisis in Bahrain.
Occupation: Professor of Sociology, University of Bahrain.
Education: Ph.D in sociology, Durham University, UK, 1983.
Expertise: Civil society organizations and social developments in the Gulf region.
Experience: Research Coordinator – Kuwait (1978 – 1980), Professor of Sociology – Bahrain University (since 1984), Chairman of Social Sciences Department (1991-1995),
Dean – Faculty of Arts (1995-99), Member of Shura Consultative Council (2000-2002).
• NGOs in the Arabian Gulf-Bahrain- Follow up Bureau (1988)
• Productivity in Industrial Sector in Bahrain – Centre for Research & Studies- Bahrain (1993)
• Sociology of Arabian Gulf. Beirut-kunoz Publishing House (1999)
• Women and Modernity in the Gulf – Beirut-Arab Cultural Centre (2000)
• Dream to Migrate to wealth: Foreign Labour in the Gulf – Beirut –Centre For Arab Unity Studies (2001)
• Society and Education in the Arabian Gulf – Beirut –Alsaqi Bookshop (2003)